First Week as officially a Pastor's Wife




Scott received offical recognition of his calling to be a minister on Sunday, May 31, at his ordination service at First Baptist Church of Jackson, GA. Thank you to Bro. Joe Bufford for heading the ordination council and performing a wonderful ceremony. In photo Scott's Dad, Bill, laying hands on him. Thank you Rick Raines for the wonderful photo.




This week was a bitter sweet week for me. The week starting with the ordination service, then June 2 was the 13th anniversary of my dad dying from skin cancer. I really did wish he could have been at the ordination service. (I know he was looking down from heaven and was proud) I really missed my dad this week. My grandmother, Nanaw also died on June 3rd, 16 years ago.




So wrapped up the week with a trip to Myrtle Beach for Scott to perform his very first Wedding Ceremony. Our friends John Paul & Danielle Finney were renewing their vows. We stayed at the Atlantic Breeze Resort in North Myrtle Beach. The boys thought they were VIPs because we were on the Penthouse level. It was my mission not to get sunburned all weekend long and I am proud to report that with the help of 90 sunscreen on my face and 75 on my body, I came back just as white as I left.















Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Myrtle Beach June 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Comments

Popular Posts