Day -13 Three things about myself that I am grateful for

Welcome to Day 13.  Today I get to count 3 things about myself that I am grateful for.  This feels a little foreign to me.   The only thing I can visualize in my head is Stewart Smalley, "I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me."  Being grateful for things about myself goes against my thoughts of being modest.

I have thought about this all day and prayerfully considered this.  I believe one thing about myself that I can be grateful for is my ability to remain calm in most situations.  I think I am getting worse at this as time goes by so maybe pointing it out will encourage me to work on it.

Philippians 4:6 says, Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

This may be silly, but I am grateful that I am tall.  Being a tall girl had its challenges growing up; I guess I have grown into my tallness.  At the grocery store when some asks for help on the top shelf, I laugh and say that is what I am here for.

Number Three:  I am grateful that God gave me a voice to sing so I can use it to worship him.




Comments

Popular Posts