Feb. 22 - Three Gifts that changed today

Sunday morning started with a trip to the grocery store at 7am.  We were out of eggs and breakfast items, those things I never got to yesterday running my errands.  Cade got up and dressed for church.  When I say dressed, I mean dressed.  He wore this navy blazer, navy pants, yellow button up shirt and a bow tie.  He looked sharp.  I thought he might be preaching.  

Scott left early with Cade and Akseli.  Mom and I followed with Cullen and friend. I was prepared for church and Cade this time.   During the service we sang, "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong.  We actually sang it twice.  This song embodies where we are now in our lives.  We are calling out for GOD to lead us and make our faith stronger.




As the day proceeded, I began to think about my three gifts that changed today.   

The first thing that I noticed that had changed was the weather.  It was warmer but it was rainy.  The change in weather was a gift because it made for a relaxing afternoon.

I noticed a change is Cade's eating habits today,  I don't think I have ever seen him eat plain potato chips like he is doing right now.  He body must be craving salt.  He has been doing this ever since he came home from the hospital but it did not hit me as a change until today.

The third change noticed came in a form that I did not expect.  There is a family in Birmingham, that had a strong influence in my life during my college years: D.B. (Gene) and Faye (Mama B.) Black.  D.B. was the dean of the music school at Samford University and the director of the Samford University A Cappella Choir. I was in this wonderful choir from 1989 to 1993. I also had the privilege to sing in his church choir during that time as well. I learned today that hospice had been called in for dear sweet D.B.  Time is drawing near for him to give up his earthly body and go to his heavenly home. As I think of him and Mama B., I think of the song he would sing, as she played on the piano, with so much love to us "Tenderly He Watches Over You".   I send my love to D.B., Mama B, and Gina.  You have touched so many lives.  All I have to say is:


Tenderly He watches over you, 
Every step, every mile of the way; 
Like a mother watching over her baby, 
He is near you every hour of the day. 


When you're weak, when you're strong, 
When your right, when you're wrong, 
In your joy and your pain, When you lose and when you gain: 
tenderly he watches over you, 
every step, every mile of the way 

Long before time began you were part of His plan; 
Let no fear cloud your brow, He will not forsake you now: 
Tenderly He watches over you Every step every mile of the way 


Comments

Popular Posts