Feb. 25 -Three Gifts Worn out, made-do, and new

I woke up Wednesday morning to news that I was expecting. Gene Black (D.B.), my choir director in college had left his earthly body and went to his heavenly home.  What a gift of worn-out being made new.   D.B. was a definite gift in my life and help me expand my love of music. I pray for Mama B, Gina and the grandkids in this time of loss.

Wednesday brought a day of focus at work.  We were hosting youth that were interviewing for the Washington Youth Tour in June.  I always enjoy this day because, I like to see the interaction between the students from the difference schools.  You can really tell who the leaders are in the group by the social interaction in the room while they are waiting on interviews.  There was also the threat of snow or ice.  We gathered the together at the office  to discuss the weather and our storm plans.

These are the days that I am extremely busy at work that I am disconnected as a Mom and have no idea what is going on in my household.  Cade had a physical therapy appointment today to check on his progress.  Again, the physical therapist said that he was a miracle child and was so strong. Cade and Scott are working out every morning to further build Cade's strength.  Cade seems to be getting a routine started at home and is slowly working on school work.  

I did not get much time with the boys last night at home.  They are spending much more time upstairs watching TV.  Cullen was in his room finishing up a Lego Diorama for a school project.

As I spent my day looking for my gifts, I think about my first gift that is worn-out.  My favorite worn out item is my office chair.   I got the chair when I started at my office but now when I sit down in the chair it automatically lowers.  The hydraulics in it are worn out.   I can get it to rise back up where I need it but it can be startling when you sit down and all the sudden the chair lowers.


My gift of made-do.  It is hard for me to think about anything that I made-do with today.  We are so fortunate, there are very little times that we truly have to make-do or at least I don't look at it as making-do.  Cullen had to make-do with a piece of notebook paper instead of a index card because we didn't have any within reach last night. Maybe, we are making-do with Cade's detour.  It might not be what was planned but it is what we have.  I think about others that have to make-do with what they have to eat because they can't afford food because of life situations.  


My gift of new is Christ.  He makes all things new.   What a great thing.  He wipes our slate clean.  He takes our sins and forgives them.

I hope you have been made new in Christ.  If you have not, I challenge you to look to Christ and become that new creation.  I am here if you need to talk.


Comments

Popular Posts