Feb. 8- A gift broken, fixed, and thrifted

My gift broken.

Time was broken down into manageable bits for Cade today.

A gift fixed.

I have not slept in my own bed since January 28.   A dear friend suggested that I needed a baby monitor for the evening so we can get back to semi-normal and monitor Cade at night with the monitor.  A monitor is on the way!

A gift thrifted.  

My gift thrifted was the Mary Ann Manley House that Scott and I were able to stay in for $10 per night while Cade was in the ICU.  It was such a blessing to be one block from the hospital and to get a full night rest.  Having access to this house and sleep kept us in the frame of mind that we needed to be in and provided a retreat to speak with other families in similar situations.

Update on Cade and Family

I missed church today.  I think that everything was catching up with me, so Mom and I watched Charles Stanley and David Jeremiah to make up for skipping church.  Cade was not so euphoric today.  He slept more during the day and really did not feel well.  We had a good number of visitors.  The multiple conversations at the same time became confusing to Cade.  Sudden movements by others bother him.   Poor Cullen seems to be the source of complaints about sudden movement.  He has tucked himself out of Cade's way for most of the weekend.  I got to steal some time away with Cullen today. More Mom and Cullen time on Monday night.

I am back to work on Monday. Baba  (My Mom) is here to give love and attention to Cade.  Scott will be in and out as well.   Tuesday will be a big day for us.   Therapy for Cade and first soccer games for Cullen and Akseli.   (For those of you that do not know,  we have a foreign exchange student from Finland that we dearly love.)

We had a great meal delivered by the Ahmeds:  Coconut Chicken and Curry Chicken.  Chicken Salad and Lemon Pie from the Fowlers.  We thank everyone so much!



  • James 1:17 (KJV)

    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.


Comments

  1. Praying for you. And we love Baba. Tell her hello for me, please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts