March 9 - Three Gifts Carved

Monday is a busy day.   Today, I was able to attend a Cooperative Council Annual Meeting.  At this meeting we hear from youth that have been to leadership camp.  They are always very interesting.   I think about what we do through our cooperatives in the state to carve leadership skills into our youth.

Cullen attended his Monday evening choir practice at Spivey Hall.  I am thankful for the experience that Cullen gets by being in this choir.  His sight reading skills impress me.   On Saturday, while driving to D.B.'s celebration service.  Cullen looked at my music, "Praise to the Lord" Arranged by F. Melius Christiansen, and sang the first line to me.  He had never heard the song before. My love for music is something that I hope will be carved into Cullen's heart.


When I think about carved items, I think about carved images in the Bible.  Deuteronomy 4:23 says, "Take Care, lest you forget the covenant of the LORD your GOD, which he made with you, and make a carved image, the form of anything that the LORD your GOD has forbidden you."  I pray that we remember our covenant and that we are not making idols of anything that keeps us from GOD.



Comments

Popular Posts