Eve- The Mother of Unending Laundry

Happy New Year . I can't believe that 2010 has come and gone so quickly. In keeping with my unending laundry theme, I am going to admit.....I did laundry on New Year's Day. I know all the old superstitions about not doing laundry but since the laundry never gets done then I went ahead and washed clothes.


Today at church the pastor was speaking about how to see your job as worship. In this sermon he began to speak about how we were created with specific roles as male and female and we are created in the image of God. (Genesis 1:26-28)



This led me to think about Eve and how she is the Mother of Unending Laundry. Before the fall of man, Adam and Eve were naked and unashamed. Just one bite of that forbidden fruit and from then on, unending laundry. The other unending in this story is God's love. When God formed Adam and Eve, he was showing us his love and grace. God breathed life into Adam and into Eve. In Genesis 3:21, God made Adam and Eve garments of skins and then took them out of the Garden of Eden for their sin. God still loved Adam and Eve. He clothed them before he set them out of the Garden of Eden.

I am glad the God still loves us and clothes us with what we need. So when the laundry pile gets high, I will praise God that I have unendinglaundry to wash. It is part of my work that was placed in front of me by God. I am thank for each person that creates the dirty laundry. My Unending Laundry is part of worshipping the one and only God.

Comments

  1. I, for one, am glad you love the ones who create the laundry - I am also extremely glad that you love God, that just makes me love you more. Good Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts