God's Glory in the Clouds



Have you ever seen God’s Glory in a cloudy sky? I have long looked up in the sky and admired God’s creation.    As a child, I would lie down on the trampoline and stare up into the sky; I tried figuring out what the clouds looked like. “Look, that one looks like a teddy bear, or that one is a car.” 
As an adult, the clouds become signs of bad weather moving in, especially when you work for an electric company.  However, I continue to look up in amazement at the many varied shapes of the clouds.
Yesterday evening, I had a different experience.  I had taken our oldest son to soccer practice at Wyomia Tyus Park in Griffin, GA .   As a usual routine, I will take a walk around the park while waiting.  As I am taking my walk, I have my headphones on and I am listening to music by B.O.B., something with a beat so I can keep up my walking pace.    
As I was walking I heard, “Christy!  Look up, you are missing my glory.”
I look up. I was in awe at what I saw.   The Glory of God was shining from behind the clouds.   I have seen sunlight at dusk before, but never have a felt the absolute presence of God on me while admiring His creation.  I immediately thought about the song, “Show Me Your Glory.”  I grabbed my phone and took a photo then began my own private worship session with God unlike any worship experience I have had in a long time.    The words from the song, “Show Me Your Glory,” fit my experience that I was having, my eyes filled with tears of joy and praise to God.

I see the cloud, I step in
I want to see Your glory as Moses did
Flashes of light and rolls of thunder, 

I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid

I'm awed by Your beauty, lost in Your eyes
I long to walk in Your presence like Jesus did
Your glory surrounds me and I'm overwhelmed

I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid

Show me Your glory, show me your glory, my God
Show me Your glory, show me Your glory

I long to look on the face of the One that I love
Long to stay in your presence, it's where I belong


In my moment of worship, marveling at God’s creation and Holy Spirit overwhelming me, God provided Psalms 66 for me to mediate on.
“Shout joyfully to God, all the earth;
sing the glory of His name;
Make His praise glorious. 
Say to God, How awesome are Your works! 
Because of the greatness of Your power
Your enemies will give feigned obedience to you. 
All the earth will worship You and will sing praises to You;
They will sing praises to Your name.”

As I worshipped, I wondered if this is what the sky is going to look like the day our Groom, Jesus Christ, comes to take us as His bride.  No, it will be much more wonderful and glorious. I look forward with anticipation to that day.

Comments

Popular Posts