New Year Challenge

Here we are 12 days into a new year.  Welcome, 2015.  You will usher in many changes for us.  Those changes will bring much anxiety and fear if we let them.  So  just before the new year, I chose Joy.

The first major challenge for 2015 will be our oldest, the "tall one" will graduate from high school.  We are visiting colleges and being hopeful, but at the same time fearful of can we afford it, will he play soccer, and why is he growing up so fast?  Do we hold on tighter or hold on loosely?

A few months ago I was introduced to a writer, Ann Voskamp.  I looked at her book, One Thousand Gifts, and I read some reviews.  I felt no particular pull toward the book, but I did a few things, I followed her on Facebook and Twitter.   

On New Year's Day, The following post showed up on my newsfeed:
I knew it was time.   I download the book on my e-reader and I began the Joy Dare.  

What is One Thousand Gifts?   It is a dare to live life FULLY where you are.

The message came through while reading the book, the Kingdom of Heaven is here, be fully alive and see God in everything.       

Thus, begins my Joy Dare journey.

I began my Joy Dare journey by posting to my Tumblr account.  By day seven, I had been convicted that I was hiding my joy from others.  I have no followers on Tumblr, if it was seen it would be by those that don't know me. It was safe.  I have been called out, I needed to change where I was posting.  So I started tagging posts on Twitter and Facebook.   

God has been speaking to me on many different things and I was encouraged to share outside for the limited characters that Facebook and Twitter give.  So I am here, posting my thoughts and taking my joy dare.

Will I be joyful all the time?  You can bet I won't be.  But, if I look for grace in those moments, it will be there.

So friends, check back on me, encourage me on my joy dare.  Want to come along side me?  Please do.  

If you are interested in doing the 1000 gifts bible study with me, let me know.  

The Kingdom of Heaven is here and now.
 

My first 11 days of gifts: 

Comments

Popular Posts