Feb. 15 - a gift in finding, losing, and making something

Happy Sunday! Today, the entire family made it to church.  The 3rd Sunday, "Eating Sunday" as Cullen calls it, is hard to resist.   Cade showed signs of being exhausted during church and during the mealtime.   Since we travel 45 minutes to church and back home, he was able to sit still and rest on the car ride home.   Once we arrived at home, he continued to rest, until he felt stronger.   Scott and Cade went outside and passed the soccer ball around for a few minutes.

We had the youth department from Pleasant Grove Church visit this afternoon.  We talked about GOD'S grace in hard situations.  It was great to see friends from a sister church body.

One of my gifts today was in finding.  Because Cade is doing so well, we moved him back upstairs to his bedroom, and Cullen's clothes moved back to his room downstairs.   I found some of my clothes, that I was looking for, in Cullen's clothes.  It is a little thing but a gift no less.

My gift in losing, is the gift of losing control in Cade's recovery.  I really do like to feel like I am in control.  This experience has allowed me to Let Go, and Let GOD work.  There is nothing too hard for GOD.

My gift in making something.  I have not been really active in making anything lately.  Others are making dinner for us each evening, which has been a complete blessing.   I have not been crafting and using my hands to knit.  I have been making time for this blog.  GOD set this out as one of my missions this year and has definitely tested by faithfulness to it.  I could have stopped blogging and sat in my feelings of anger that this happened to Cade.  But GOD has shown me and grown me so much more because of our situation.  GOD is making something here, HE gets all the glory!


“I am the lord, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me? - Jeremiah 32:27


Comments

Popular Posts