Feb. 9 - Three Surprise Gifts (Unexpected Grace)

I started back to work today.   I felt like a new mom that was leaving her infant for the first time.   I was definitely second guessing my decision mid-morning.  I had great surprises waiting on me when I returned to work.

My three surprise gifts of unexpected grace were easy today since I turned another year older.  My first surprise gift was a birthday balloon and cookies on my desk.  
The second surprise gift was flowers from my husband.  
The third surprise gift was for Cade.  Cade received his acceptance letter to North Greenville College. This made him extremely happy.

Cade had a good day.   He needed his pain medication much less during the day.  The evening brought on confusion and a headache.  After receiving his acceptance package, he tried filling out housing paperwork on the laptop.  He worked on it for about ten minutes before he asked if I could complete the paperwork for him.  Some girls from the high school soccer team came over to give Cade a soccer ball with "get well" messages written on it.  It got a little loud in the house and he had to remove himself from the room.  He retired to bed about 8pm.

A good friend from First Baptist Jackson brought Chicken Enchilada Casserole and Sour Cream Pound Cake to the house this evening.  The food was delicious  (I need the recipe for the casserole).  The Sour Cream Pound Cake was just right.   My grandmother used to make me pound cakes for my birthday and would sent them back with me to college.  Also, for the first time since I was about 18 years old, I was in the same location as my mom on my birthday.  It is great to have her here.

GOD guides our lives and our plans may not be HIS plans.  We commit our work (life) to the Lord and HE will establish our plans even in troubled times.



The plans of the heart belong to man,
but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes,
but the Lord weighs the spirit.
3 Commit your work to the Lord,
and your plans will be established.
4 The Lord has made everything for its purpose,
even the wicked for the day of trouble.
Proverbs 16:1-4

Comments

Popular Posts