Feb. 28 Three gifts from the past that help you trust the future

Saturday morning came quick.  I was up by 6:30 and Cade was wide awake by 7am.  He has been waking up with no problem early everyday.  Today it was annoying to him to wake up early. I caught up on Downton Abbey and Cade tolerated it.   

Scott gave me tickets to the Billy Joel concert for Christmas.  We left for Atlanta around 3 p.m. and headed downtown.   We enjoyed some german food, Starbucks and people watching at the CNN center, and a great concert by Gavin DeGraw and  Billy Joel.

Today my three gifts are from the past that help me trust the future.

The first gift is the Bible.  This guidebook of the past helps us trust the future.  

"But, I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of GOD; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever." Psalm 52:8


The second gift is my wedding vows.  They are a promise from the past (Almost 20 years) that helps me trust my future.

The third gift from the past was my time is the Samford University A Cappella Choir.  Not only did Dean Black make us better singers, but he helped prepare us for the mission field in a number of ways.   Those lesson learned in college made me ready for my future.



Comments

Popular Posts