March 26 - Three Gifts Almost Gone

Today, I worked a Career Fair for Skills USA.  There were quite a few local teens that I knew there.  Working this expo really brought the three gifts almost gone to life.


Teen years for Cade- Seeing these local teens made me realize that Cade would soon be going to college and leaving his childhood and teen years behind. It has been a gift to raise both boys.


Soft Skills-  At this Career Fair, I was very impressed by three students from a Home Building Internship program for at-risk teens in Atlanta.  These students had been taught Soft Skills.  These three walked up to our booth, reached out their hands and introduced themselves.  They asked before they just got on the energy bike.  When they walked away, they shook our hands again.  I was very impressed.  These were three students ready to find work.  They were dressed presentable and knew how to make a good impression.  

Milk  -  I am thankful for the almost empty gallon of milk. It means the boys are being feed and I get a trip to the grocery store.


Comments

Popular Posts