March 7 - Three Gifts in the Kitchen

On Friday evening, Cullen and I traveled to Decatur,  AL to take Mom back home.

Saturday morning, we traveled to Birmingham for a celebration of the life of L. Gene Black.  It was a morning filled with music and touching stories.  One thing I was reminded of was the open doors at the Black's home.  If the porch light was on then they were open for us students to visit.  The Blacks were our guides into becoming missionaries with our music and our lives.

After the service, Cullen and I rushed back to Jackson, so Scott and I could attend the Butts County Chamber Dinner. 
When I arrived home, Cade and Akseli were outside playing basketball.  Things look to be returning back to normal at the house.

At the dinner we were able to reconnect with old friends and see a well deserved award given to a good friend.

Today, my gifts in the kitchen are the gifts in my life that were ingredients to make me the person I am today.

1. My father and mother
2. Gene and Faye Black
3. My preachers and teachers

I pray that Scott and I are helping to knead and mold our children and others into a full relationship with Jesus Christ.

“How we live our days is …how we live our lives.”We each need to discover for ourselves how to live this day in faithful surrender to God as we “continue to work out [our] salvation with fear and trembling”(Phil. 2: 12). From Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Comments

Popular Posts