April 27 -Three Gifts Ugly Beautiful and Catching Up with life

For whatever reasons, good excuses or bad excuses,  I have not been keeping up with my daily graces and gifts since Scott and my anniversary on April 22.  So we will play catch up because it has been a busy and exciting time around our house.

Wednesday, April 22, was Scott and my 20th anniversary.  We celebrated by doing nothing special.  We had already spent the night away at Chateau Elan.   I went to Spin HIIT at Oxygen Fitness and I believe Scott bush-hogged the neighborhood.

My gifts for the 22nd were three gifts close:

  1. My Family
  2. My Friends
  3. My Savior
On Thursday, the boys went to Macon to pick up Akseli's tux.  I being further committed to my exercise and the health challenge at work, went to Spin and Pilates.  The excited of Prom was filling the air.  My gifts for today were three gifts reflecting:
  1. Remembering hosting Tim our beloved German exchange student
  2. Reflecting on life in the last 20 years
  3. Reflecting God's Grace in the last few months.
Friday, April 24, Prom Eve- The day was spent busy at work, dinner with the entire family and afterwards visitors excited about the next day's events. We talked of the weather and if it was going to ruin photos for prom.  Selfie sticks were bought so  they could take photos.  My gifts today were three gifts fragile:

  1. Life - Life is so fragile; just a dinner time I heard a great lady that breathed her last breath, others who lost their fight to cancer.  Life on earth is fragile; life as a Christian is strong and everlasting.
  2. Eggs - Eggs are fragile.  You remember that when you let your youngest cook eggs and the breaks shells everywhere.  He is learning and that makes a Mom proud.
  3. Flowers are fragile.  But the fragrance that they give is wonderful and pleasing.
PROM DAY- Saturday, April 25 - Prom day is SO easy with boys, no hair and nail appointments to make, they sleep late and then play basketball in the driveway.  We were concerned about the rain so pictures were planned at our house.  Everyone met at 4 and we took a few photos in the house, outside, and then went to Carolyn's house (Cade's date).  There we had the perfect scene for prom photos. My gifts today are A gift cloth, steel, and wood:
  1. A gift of Cloth- The boys tuxedos and girls dresses.
  2. A gift of steel - The clean car to take them to Prom.
  3. A gift of wood - The cabin by the pond that made the prom photos.



















Sunday, April 26, Everyone woke up and headed to church.  Sunday's are usually lazy days after church.  Trucks were washed and cleaned out.  My three gifts moving were:
  1. The Holy Spirit.
  2. The activity around the house when more teenagers came to the house to go to the movies.
  3. Funny stories from Cullen, when he was moving too fast for a friend's dog.  He thought he was about to do a Coppertone Tan Commercials.
Today, Monday April 27, Life returns back to the normal routine.  My gifts today are "Ugly Beautiful" gifts:
  1. Death of a Christian: Sorrowful for the family on earth, but joyous in Heaven because they are home.
  2. Sickness: Worries and pain for they one sick; but the show of love from all those around that help lighten the worries.
  3. Sink full of Dirty Dishes: Someone needs to clean them up but it also means everyone was fed.

Thanks for being interested in my daily gifts as well as my wild and crazy life.


Comments

Popular Posts